Hello :) My name is Anna McEvoy and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management (Early Childhood) through CQUniversity, Noosa Hub. As part of my learning journey throughout the course, I am currently taking part in a course "Managing E-Learning". This course explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society, and looks at how technology provides a platform for creativity and innovation. As I continue on my learning journey I will investigate new technologies whilst continuing to increase, improve and reflect on my new and prior knowledge throughout this blog. Although I admit to being terrified of this blogging experience, I look forward to sharing my learning journey with you!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Learning Management Systems

I have just tried to make my very own Learning Management System, although as you can see in the image below, I didn’t get very far due to the high amount of registration.


I’m lucky that I am a university student and therefore, don’t need to create my own Learning Management System to understand what one of these websites look like and how they operate. During the past year and a half I have had the opportunity to experience Blackboard and Moodle through my university course. Due to this experience I am able to develop my own opinions and make comments about these Learning Management Systems and how they would be effective tools in the classroom.

Some of the positive I believe a Learning Management System could offer in the classroom are:

• Students are able to obtain the same information as one another
• Accessible for students, no matter the time, day or week
• Students are able to do as much or as little study and work as they please
• Effectively incorporates ICTs into the classroom
• Can be used as a communication tool between school and home
• If students have missed out on information, they are able to go to the Learning Management System and obtain it.
• Students have equal access to information if they happen to be sick/away
• Parents are able to see what their children are learning and can then become a major part in their child’s learning journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment