Hello :) My name is Anna McEvoy and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management (Early Childhood) through CQUniversity, Noosa Hub. As part of my learning journey throughout the course, I am currently taking part in a course "Managing E-Learning". This course explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society, and looks at how technology provides a platform for creativity and innovation. As I continue on my learning journey I will investigate new technologies whilst continuing to increase, improve and reflect on my new and prior knowledge throughout this blog. Although I admit to being terrified of this blogging experience, I look forward to sharing my learning journey with you!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Voki


Get a Voki now!

I have just learnt how to make my very own Voki! At university yesterday it took me forever with the computers being so slow that I almost gave up on the idea. However, with my computer at home being faster today I’m glad I didn't give up on the idea of making my very first Voki. As I believe this tool would be fantastic in the classroom!

Jacqui has previously suggested that Voki's could be used when the children are doing their spelling words for the week. The Voki can be made to read out the spelling words to the children, allowing the classroom teacher to do something else in the meanwhile. When I heard this idea I immediately thought it was fantastic, I will definitely use this idea and suggestion in my future practice in the classroom!

Although I do think Voki’s, at first, could be a distraction to the students because it is new, different and exciting. I think after awhile the students would settle down and learn to just listen to the Voki and what it is saying.

In my future practice I would also use Voki's as a 'source' of information, I think they would be great to use in the classroom when delivering information, setting rules, expectations or guidelines.

I am delivering a Dimension 3, complex reasoning process, to my class very soon and am focussing on analysing perspectives. Due to discovering Voki's I have now come up with a great idea to use a Voki in my classroom to present a different perspective on the focus topic.

Voki's are a great tool and I will definitely use them in my classroom now and in the future, due to the many benefits and teaching strategies they can offer as shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment