Hello :) My name is Anna McEvoy and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management (Early Childhood) through CQUniversity, Noosa Hub. As part of my learning journey throughout the course, I am currently taking part in a course "Managing E-Learning". This course explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society, and looks at how technology provides a platform for creativity and innovation. As I continue on my learning journey I will investigate new technologies whilst continuing to increase, improve and reflect on my new and prior knowledge throughout this blog. Although I admit to being terrified of this blogging experience, I look forward to sharing my learning journey with you!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wordle

Wordle: Untitled

Recently at university I have seen Wordle used for many different occasions and I have just made my own. To make your own Wordle you can either type in the important and necessary words you want to be displayed, or you can type in a piece of text and Wordle will decipher the most important and frequent words used to display the information effectively and succinctly.

Although Wordle does not exactly offer benefits for teaching and learning I think it would be a great tool to use in the classroom to display rules, expectations, or guidelines. It is easy to use and therefore the students could design their own Wordle to display in the classroom containing the rules and expectations of the classroom. This would be not only a task for the students to collaboratively brainstorm rules and expectations for the classroom to but also a useful and effective display of rules in the classroom.

Wordle would also be a useful tool on an Interactive Whiteboard when engaging in class brainstorms. A Wordle could be developed based on a particular topic and the ideas of the students could be displayed effectively in the Wordle. The Wordle could then be printed out and each student would be able to obtain a copy to keep in their books for future reference.

I would definitely use this simple, yet effective tool in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment