Hello :) My name is Anna McEvoy and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management (Early Childhood) through CQUniversity, Noosa Hub. As part of my learning journey throughout the course, I am currently taking part in a course "Managing E-Learning". This course explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society, and looks at how technology provides a platform for creativity and innovation. As I continue on my learning journey I will investigate new technologies whilst continuing to increase, improve and reflect on my new and prior knowledge throughout this blog. Although I admit to being terrified of this blogging experience, I look forward to sharing my learning journey with you!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Storyline Online

After reading one of colleague’s blog’s about Storyline Online, I wanted to discover the tool and see what it was all about. Well after I had a look and listened to the story ‘Harry the dirty dog’ I was amazed. Ideas for the classroom began racing through my head and I realised what a great teaching and learning tool it would be for the classroom. Two ideas I immediately thought of for the classroom were:

  • Using this tool for 'reading time' after second break. With all the students reading the same story they won't be having their own private conversations and this resource would ensure that they are all reading as it is being read to them.
  • With the story being read to the children and the option of having captions, the lower level learners would experience a tremendous reading opportunity. They would be able to hear and see the words of the book and therefore have automatic assistance with their reading.

These are just two ideas that I thought of when engaging with the tool myself. Two other small benefits of this tool though would be that it is engaging and it allows the teacher a couple of minutes to perhaps prepare for following activities or gather necessary resources.

I personally cannot see any major disadvantages of this tool and believe that it offers many great benefits for the classroom. Considering that I am studying early childhood I would definitely use this tool in the classroom as I believe this tool would benefit young children the most and would play a useful and beneficial role in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment