Hello :) My name is Anna McEvoy and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management (Early Childhood) through CQUniversity, Noosa Hub. As part of my learning journey throughout the course, I am currently taking part in a course "Managing E-Learning". This course explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society, and looks at how technology provides a platform for creativity and innovation. As I continue on my learning journey I will investigate new technologies whilst continuing to increase, improve and reflect on my new and prior knowledge throughout this blog. Although I admit to being terrified of this blogging experience, I look forward to sharing my learning journey with you!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wikis

Today I created my own Wiki on Wikispaces, as you can see below! To view my Wiki click - My Wiki.


To be perfectly honest I have been dreading making a Wiki as I feel like I have no idea about technology anymore! In saying this, as I made my Wiki I became more and more confident because I found it easier than making a blog! As seen in the picture I chose my layout and colour and continued to choose colour fonts. I tried to install a picture but as clearly seen that didn’t pan out as planned!

After watching the Plain English YouTube video as an explanation and introduction to the use of Wikis I understood and grasped the concept of a Wiki and its usefulness! Originally I thought that a Blog might be of better use in a classroom as all the information produced by individuals can be displayed and not constantly changed or deleted. However after learning about Wikis, I can certainly understand the point of using a Wiki in the classroom for a number of different activities and group assessment tasks. As I personally have a couple of group assessments this term, I can see the usefulness of being able to access the site in your own time and be able to see what has been done and what needs to be done. A Wiki would be a great way of collaborating ideas and sharing the workload whilst proving to be accessible and an easy communication method.

I would use this tool in the classroom due to the fact that group assessments, excursions and camps are just a few activities that would benefit from this tool. I believe that if I can create a Wiki any students within this 21st century connected society would be able to make, work and use a Wiki to their advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment