Hello :) My name is Anna McEvoy and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management (Early Childhood) through CQUniversity, Noosa Hub. As part of my learning journey throughout the course, I am currently taking part in a course "Managing E-Learning". This course explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society, and looks at how technology provides a platform for creativity and innovation. As I continue on my learning journey I will investigate new technologies whilst continuing to increase, improve and reflect on my new and prior knowledge throughout this blog. Although I admit to being terrified of this blogging experience, I look forward to sharing my learning journey with you!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blogs

I have always thought that when it came to technology, in particular the internet, I was completely competent with regard to websites, setting up accounts and uploading files whether it was text or images. This was previous to having to create my own blog.

“Blog” is a term I never understood, I have heard it used before but have never understood its purpose, meaning or function. It has indeed been a struggle setting up my blog and figuring out how to sign into my own account! Although after reading and discovering the purpose of blogs I now release the value of blogging. I have developed a PMI to enhance my opinion concerning blogs and their functionality in the classroom.

Positive
• Engaging
• Flexible
• Accessible
• Shared learning
• Innovative teaching and learning
• Interactive learning
• Proactive
• 21st century connection to society

Minus
• Need for computers
• Not all students are digitally active
• Students may lack motivation
• Restricting to certain age groups

Interesting
• Individual, yet collaborative
• ICTs are becoming integral to learning
• Promotes home – school interaction
• Gives students responsibility

Through the development of the above PMI I have come to a conclusion that blogging would be a beneficial learning and teaching tool in the classroom. In saying this, this tool would only be useful in a classroom in which the necessary resources were available and the class was a grade 4 class or older. If these two particular negatives were not an issue I would be pleased to be able to use this tool in my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment