Hello :) My name is Anna McEvoy and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management (Early Childhood) through CQUniversity, Noosa Hub. As part of my learning journey throughout the course, I am currently taking part in a course "Managing E-Learning". This course explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society, and looks at how technology provides a platform for creativity and innovation. As I continue on my learning journey I will investigate new technologies whilst continuing to increase, improve and reflect on my new and prior knowledge throughout this blog. Although I admit to being terrified of this blogging experience, I look forward to sharing my learning journey with you!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

PowerPoint

PowerPoint is a tool I have used many, many times before! It is useful in various situations and numerous educational settings. It is an effective way of displaying information and is easy to use by many age groups!

Below are a couple of examples of how I have used PowerPoint in the classroom and to enhance university presentations:



During my practicum placements in the past year and a half I have used PowerPoint to enhance lessons. Throughout a lesson I delivered this year to my grade three class, a PowerPoint was used to help the students complete a flowchart. It proved to be extremely helpful and successful! In young classes PowerPoint can also be used to exhibit recounts and images from important events that occur throughout the school year. Exhibiting events such as excursions, under 8’s day or sports days through PowerPoint can prove to be worthwhile. Students learn how to recount events whilst ICTs are effectively embedded in the lesson.

Not only has PowerPoint been functional throughout my practicum placements but also throughout my university course so far. For nearly all of my oral presentations delivered PowerPoint has been used as a tool to present facts, key points and ideas. It has been an ICT that has continuously proved to be effective.

PowerPoint is a beneficial ICT when used correctly in the classroom and I would definitely continue using this tool throughout my future practices!

No comments:

Post a Comment